Labels

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lions pick up power forward

Courtesy of Ironlion
It seems the Lions have received a commitment from 6'5" power forward C.J. Blackwell of William Howard Taft High School in Woodland Hills, Calif. Blackwell is ranked in the top-100 power forwards in the 2011 recruiting class by ESPN. No official word from LMU has been released yet.

“I felt that Loyola Marymount was the best fit for me, it's close to home and my family can see me play in college, that was most important,'' Blackwell said to ESPNLosAngeles. “The coaching staff over at LMU said I would have a chance to play right away, but I know nothing is going to be handed to me,'' Blackwell said. “My focus was to work hard this season, I knew that if I did that, things would fall into place me for me. And they did. Now, in college, I know that I'm going to have to do the same thing. I'm ready to get back to work."

Blackwell averaged more than 13 points and nine rebounds per game in his senior season. More info on Blackwell can be read on his ESPN profile here. He joins a recruiting class that already includes shooting guard Bruce English.

Watch video of Blackwell below.

No comments:

Post a Comment