Labels

Monday, March 14, 2011

Only two questions really matter

                                                                        Photo taken by Julia Pine
I was going to write a column as we head into the off-season, but I realized there are two unanswered questions that make that impossible to do right now. They are as follows.

1. Will Drew Viney return?
     From what I'm hearing from multiple sources, it doesn't seem like it. If Drew decides to forgo his final year of eligibility, it will be a HUGE blow to the Lions. Drew has led the team in scoring and rebounding in both of his seasons in an LMU jersey, and is a potential WCC Player of the Year. The saddest part about Drew leaving would be the fact that Lions fans never got to see his true potential, just flashes of it.
2. Will there be a coaching change?
    Many fans are calling for it, but I don't think it's going to happen. I like and respect Max Good a lot, but in the end head coaching jobs come down to winning and losing, and the losing that went on this year was inexcusable. I'm not saying I want Good gone, but I would understand if a change was made. Like I said, I don't think it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment