Labels

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

WCC All-Conference Awards to be announced today at noon

The WCC will announce its All-Conference basketball awards today at noon. Stay tuned here, and to The Bottom Line's Twitter, for up-to-the-minute information.


Here are my picks for some of the conference awards:
Player of the Year: Mickey McConnell (SMC)
Coach of the Year: Randy Bennett (SMC) or Rex Walters (USF)
Newcomer of the Year: Evan Roquemore (SCU)



I'm trying to put my obvious bias to the side, but I really do hope to see Drew Viney on the All-WCC First Team. Despite missing three games, he is tied for second in the league with 16.8 ppg and is fifth in rebounds per game. Furthermore, I think other coaches in the league have a tremendous amount of respect for him, and despite LMU's 2-12 conference record still understand that he is one of the most talented players in the league.


Furthermore, I fully expect to see Anthony Ireland named to the All-Freshman Team.


Awards will be announced in a couple of hours. The Lions next game is Friday against Portland at the WCC Tournament in Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment